Monday, October 31, 2016

The Song That Ended (DRAFT)

So today I learned about Trimeric poetry.  I don’t know if I did it right but I like how it turned out and am presenting it here for your opinion.  It’s about a real kid and a real song and a real love we share.  I get such a kick out of him, and I think he does with me too.

Headed out to trick-or-treat tonight, but figured I’d leave you with this little gem. 

Enjoy!

The Song That Ended

There was a song I sang with him
That had no end
We’d sing on and on
And our voices would blend.

There was no end and it made us sing all the harder
If it bothered someone
We were none the wiser.

It was our song and we sang it non-stop with glee
My part, then his
We sang joyfully.

Blending our voices with joy, then, but the seeds were still sown
He’ll sing no more with me,
Now that he’s grown.


Let me know what you think!
Connect with me on:
Facebook:  www.facebook.com/jennifermccann06
Twitter:  @jennifermcann06






No comments:

Post a Comment