Wednesday, August 20, 2014

My Brother

My brother is a writer.  He's really good.  I would like to be a writer, but I'm not so good.  I'm not disciplined enough or eccentric enough (though I try to be).  He's pretty normal and he's working on a novel and he sends it to me in chapters and I want to scream from the rooftops that it's awesome!  I encourage him and wait, and I give him my opinion, and I wait. 
And best of all - and this truly is the best of all - we have communicated more in the last couple of months than we have in years.  I guess it happens to some families that move to different states.  Out of sight, out of earshot.  Never out of mind, always there, but even though we're in an age where we are instantly connected it seems we never do.  Know what I mean? 
He keeps telling me he's going to finish the novel and not send me anything else until he's done, but then I check my Facebook and I see he's messaged me and I know I'm in for some good reading.  So here's to my brother, you little brat!  Keep writing!!!

2 comments:

  1. Good of you to keep encouraging him! That means more to him than you know, what a good sister!

    ReplyDelete