Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Bird Watching

This morning I stopped getting ready for work for a moment and looked out the kitchen window.  I watched the goldfinches (not gold right now) as they got their fill on our feeder.  They have been hitting it hard, and even though we filled it two days ago it is nearly empty now.


 As I watched I was amazed to see one goldfinch, slightly larger than the other, place seed in the mouth of a smaller one.  I know the small ones can’t be babies; it’s too late in the season, so I’m assuming it was a male providing for a female.


I was wondering where my dark-eyed juncos were when one finally flew in to feed off of the seed on the ground.  I love these little birds and I’m not even sure why.  I just find them very cute and round little birds!  

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment