Thursday, November 26, 2015

The Face of Christ - Draft



I observed you there, at the museum, watching me from the corner.
Your eyes seemed to know me,
to beckon me,
and drawn by their intensity I came to you.
Standing before you, I glanced to the left and to the right, and then,
finally,
I looked at you.
Your brown eyes, soulful, honest, knowing.
I could not look away, but I wanted to.
I knew I wasn’t worthy, I knew you were just a painting, but
Rembrandt must have captured some part of your soul
because there you were!
You seemed to know everything,
all at once,
about me. 
I stood before you, unable to look away, seeing only your beautiful face,
feeling your grace, your forgiveness.
You stared deep into me, and
for one moment I felt total. 
My eyes filled with tears as you gazed my way,
knowing that I would hold this moment forever.



Connect with me on:
Facebook:  www.facebook.com/jennifermccann06
Twitter:  @jennifermcann06




No comments:

Post a Comment