Wednesday, May 13, 2015

PAD Day 27 - Looking Back

Hindsight

If hindsight were 20/20 and I had to do it all over again:
Spankings would be mandatory, as the hugs and I love you’s were;
there would be no TV or internet;
walks would be great fun, more than they were;
laughing at ourselves would be easier and done more often;
respect would be demanded and talking back not tolerated;
reading out loud and often to each other would be enjoyable and begged for.

I would give you choices, not letting you choose just anything;
your genetics would not be allowed as an excuse for your actions;
boys would not be allowed until there was a healthy respect for yourself.

If hindsight were 20/20, I would not have to visit you in jail;
watch you throw your “self” away to become what someone else wants you to be;
see you not finish school;
watch you grow older than your twenty-five years.

I would not hate myself for who you have become.




No comments:

Post a Comment