Friday, May 15, 2015

PAD Day 29 - Nobody Knows

Thought to Action

When he died I thought “Oh shit”,
I did it. 
All those years, I had been saying I hoped he would die,
life would be so much easier. 
I wondered if I could make it happen, like I did when I was 17, and just kidding around,
spoke those words several times, “I hope you die a violent death”. 
Just kidding at the time, never meant it, I loved them both. 
Then at the beginning of summer they were gone, dead in a tragic car accident
– or was it? 
An accident, I mean. 
Did I cause that? 
And then he died, nearly twenty years later, my mantra echoing in my ears
– life would be so much easier if he would just die. 
It is my secret power,
to wish someone dead,
and for it to come true.





No comments:

Post a Comment