Friday, June 14, 2013

A Little Zest Goes A Long Way


   How zesty is too zesty?  Well, that is the question today regarding Kraft’s new ad for its zesty Italian dressing.  Personally, I love the commercials.  The guy in them has an awesomely catchy smile.  If you don’t know what I mean, it’s this – when he smiles or even when you think of him smiling, you smile.  There’s another TV personality that has the same characteristic – Simon Baker.  Check him out if you don’t know who I’m talking about, see if you don’t smile at him.

   Back to the zesty ad though…  You can see it here:


   Personally, I think it is too racy.  I love the commercials and I have to admit I did go out and buy Kraft dressing after I watched it and when I use my dressing on my salad or as a marinade, his commercials run through my mind.  Several times.  My favorite is the one where he throws the pepper up in the air and holds the knife and it lands on the plate perfectly sliced.  Mmmm hmmm, yeah baby, I would love to cook with him!

   The television ads are a little risqué, but fun.  They leave a lot to the imagination, which is what women want.  We don’t want a naked man selling us anything.  It’s the idea of the man being naked by showing us a glimpse here and there that keeps us watching and looking it up on YouTube when we want a smile.  Clean, good fun.

   I’m guessing a man came up with the print ad idea.  They could’ve had him sitting up wearing cotton trousers, made from the picnic cloth material, no shirt and holding a loaf of bread and a bowl of salad.  What’s more inviting than a guy who just made you something to eat?  You didn’t have to do a thing! 

   Yeah, I’m thinking Kraft missed the mark on this one. I only hope the uproar doesn’t stop the commercials from coming, because I do look forward to those.  Especially when he says “oops!”.  Keep it zesty Kraft, just don’t make it too spicy.

1 comment:

  1. That guy is totally hot! Love these commercials!

    ReplyDelete